Thursday, July 9, 2009

Small things in Life

Everyday I learn something new even it is sometimes nothing more than a friends favorite color, today for example I found out that my sister was pregnant again. But more importantly I find out more about myself. I have come to realize that there are really no surprises in life just those small details that you tend to overlook which can ultimately lead to an unexpected ending. Ask yourself when was the last time I literally stared into the mirror looking past my physical appearance. How often do I talk about something that I want to do but call it impossible not because of the barrier that we see in front of us but because we fail to put forth an effort. Lets make the decision to keep moving forward. Today my heart became overwhelmed with joy after reconnecting with a friend. It is something that very small that can put you into the realization chair. I was telling my best friend about the work that I am doing to help ensure a safe transition for youth who emancipate out of foster care and become homeless she was telling me to go no further because she was in tears. It was at that moment that i was motivated to go forth and continue what I do. I now encourage everyone to get out there and make at least one change in the life of someone they may never meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment